It’s certainly not jail – visitors, Internet and phone are all allowed – but a source tells PEOPLE the 24-year-old actress still has a few rules to follow, most of which are standard for home confinement:
• Leaving home only for medical appointments or to go to the probation department, as long as advance notice is given.
• Visitors can come and go without restrictions.
• Unlimited phone and Internet use.
• Going outside the “interior premises” of the home without prior authorization; that’ll set off her ankle bracelet.
• Going to work-related events outside the home. (Lohan also can’t perform her community service while confined.)
• Tampering with the ankle bracelet, which would sound an alarm to her monitors.