Jon Gosselin is now in “complete compliance” with a court order that he return $180,000 he took from a joint bank account with his wife, says his attorney, Mark Heller – but, according to Heller, Kate Gosselin is not.
“Unless something happens today [with Kate] she will be going through contempt proceedings Monday,” lawyer Mark Heller told PEOPLE on Friday.
RELATED: Jon & Kate Head to Arbitration Over Money
Mark Momjian, Kate’s divorce attorney, could not be reached for comment. Kate had been ordered to account for the approximately $55,000 she had withdrawn for household expenses.
Both sides filed contempt motions against each other for allegedly violating a divorce arbitrator’s guidelines for how the money from a joint account should be spent.
On Oct. 13, a Montgomery County, Penn., judge ordered both sides to return any money that wasn’t used appropriately. Jon was ordered to return $180,000, but Heller would not confirm whether that’s how much he returned, saying instead, “I can tell you that we ve done what we needed to do to extricate Jon from any issues concerning contempt.”
Heller went on to say that attorney Charlie Meyer, who had removed himself from the proceedings in September, is once again representing Jon in the divorce. Heller was not licensed to represent Jon in the state of Pennsylvania, and a petition for him to be granted permission to do so was recently withdrawn by the attorney who had sponsored it.