Vanessa Nadal, wife of Tony Award–winning creator of Hamilton Lin-Manuel Miranda, debuted her baby bump at the 2017 London Evening Standard Theatre Awards on Dec. 3. The next day, the proud father of Sebastian, 3, confirmed via Twitter that the couple are expecting their second child. The pair have a love story worthy of, well, one of his lovelorn musical numbers! Here’s a look at five of their most romantic moments.
1. Miranda gushed about Nadal in his speech at the 2016 Tony Awards, where he won Best Original Score for Hamilton. “My wife’s the reason anything gets done,” he said as she watched from the audience. “She nudges me towards promise by degrees. She is a perfect symphony of one. Our son is her most beautiful reprise.”
2. At the 2017 Latin Grammy Awards, he also thanked his wife while accepting the President’s Merit Award. In his emotional bilingual speech — where he described himself as “the weird theater kid with the half-gringo accent” — he paid tribute to his life partner again. “Nobody gets here alone,” he said.
3. In May, the Puerto Rican playwright and actor got a tattoo of his wife’s first initial on his left-hand ring finger. The star showed off his new ink with a photo on Twitter, writing, “In other news, I got a permanent parking spot for V over the weekend.”
4. Miranda’s muse is a lawyer and scientist, with a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a law degree from Fordham University School of Law.
5. The pair had a fairy-tale wedding at the Belvedere Mansion in Staatsburg, New York, in 2010. The ceremony included a performance by Broadway actors, including costars from his breakout 2008 hit In the Heights, and an orchestra. Miranda also surprised his love with a lavish musical production of “To Life” from Fiddler on the Roof, dedicated to her.