Among some of her fans and their parents, Nickelodeon star Jamie Lynn Spears may have lost some of her status as a ‘tween idol. But there are many other young actors, actresses and singers whose talent could soon make them household names.
Already a superstar, of course, is Miley Cyrus of Hannah Montana fame. Here, PEOPLE looks at the next group of tween stars who we’ll likely be talking about in the years to come:
• Miranda Cosgrove, 14. CREDENTIALS: She broke through as the smarty-pants band manager in School of Rock, then got her own Nickelodeon TV series, iCarly, about a girl who starts her own webcast. Still, she told PEOPLE recently that she’s just a normal teen: “I IM people constantly. My mom is always yelling at me because I’m always talking with my friends. I’m constantly on the Internet, on YouTube.”
• Selena Gomez, 15. CREDENTIALS: She stars in Wizards of Waverly Place, a Disney Channel series about kids with magic powers. She told PEOPLE recently that she gives her parents credit “for my not being irresponsible or getting in trouble a lot or hanging with the wrong crowd.”
• The Jonas brothers – Kevin, 20, Joe, 18, and Nick, 15. CREDENTIALS: The heartthrob bandmates have been touring with Cyrus and have two Disney Channel projects in the works for 2008 – a movie called Camp Rock and their own TV series, J.O.N.A.S!
• Demi Lovato, 15. CREDENTIALS: She’s a regular on the Disney Channel short series As the Bell Rings, and next summer she’ll be the envy of girls everywhere when she stars in a lead role opposite the Jonas brothers in Camp Rock.
• Emily Osment, 15. CREDENTIALS: The younger sister of actor Haley Joel Osment, she got into acting several years ago with Spy Kids 2 and now stars with Cyrus in Hannah Montana. She told PEOPLE in 2002 that if she and her brother “tried to act like big shots, my family wouldn’t allow us to go out in public.”
Emma Roberts, David Henrie and Alyson Stoner
• Emma Roberts, 16. CREDENTIALS: The daughter of actor Eric Roberts (and niece of Julia), she appeared in the movie Blow when she was just 9, starred in Nancy Drew, and is also the lead in the Nickelodeon series Unfabulous. Asked about other young celebs’ partying ways, she told PEOPLE this year: “It doesn’t freak me out. I’m not the kind of person who would fall into that kind of stuff.”
• David Henrie, 18. CREDENTIALS: He has starred in the Disney Channel series That’s So Raven and Wizards of Waverly Place.
• Alyson Stoner, 15. CREDENTIALS: She starred in the movies Cheaper by the Dozen and Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Another That’s So Raven vet, she also has a voice role in the upcoming animated series Phineas and Ferb and stars in Camp Rock.
• Reporting by MONICA RIZZO