Breaking up is hard to do, especially when you’re doing it for … a super weird reason.
Fifteen people who were unceremoniously dumped (for reasons they still don’t understand) took to Reddit to tell their stories.
1. “They said I was more the person they’d marry than date.”
2. “He said I was ‘too sweet,’ and I made him feel ‘insanely guilty.'”
3. “She broke up with me one day before Valentine’s Day. She told me to try win her back with a card. I didn’t.”
4. “She said, ‘I saw you talking to Grace yesterday.’ The part that makes it weird is that she 100 percent knows Grace is my cousin.”
5. “I broke up with him. I found out he was a member of a paranormal activity hunter club at our school.”
6. “He broke up with me because he said I lied about trying out for All That in middle school. I actually did send in an audition video, but never heard back.”
7. “From two different girls in the same year I got, ‘You’re too good for me. I don’t deserve you.’ Am I supposed to take that as a compliment?”
8. “We were seeing each other for a few months, and it seemed to be going really well. I had a very chatty weekend with her and had a tripped planned out to see her the next weekend. She just entirely cut contact with no obvious reason or explanation. I went to visit her as usual, and she was there and was basically just stone-faced all weekend, never explained what was up or why things had changed.”
9. “We ended up dating because we both had broken legs. Once we discarded the crutches we found out we were very different people.”
10. “They were allergic to my dog so ‘it would never work out.'”
11. “My teeth weren’t straight enough.”
12. “He said, ‘I like you a lot more than I thought I would.’ (He was recently divorced and I think wasn’t ready to actually care about someone.)”
13. “I wasn’t a Democrat, I didn’t like to cuddle while I was sleeping, and I was ‘crushing his creativity.'”
14. “I was a 15-year-old freshmen and she was 17-year-old senior. When we started dating, she said she wanted to wait two months before having sex. I was a virgin and wasn’t even really worried about it, so I agreed. Then a month later, things got hot and heavy, and she insisted that we do it. I asked, ‘Are you sure? You said you wanted to wait,’ but she insisted on doing it anyway. Afterwards, she said that it was a test to see if I would actually wait like I said I would, and that I ‘failed just like every other guy before me did.’ Then she dumped me.”
15. “She broke up with me because I wear long pants.”
All posts have been edited from Reddit for length and clarity.