Food Network personality Sunny Anderson, who elevates everyday meals with unique flavors on her show Cooking for Real, knows a thing or two about jazzing up side dishes this holiday season.
From her cherry-lemon relish (“I’m never going back to cranberries!” Anderson says) and sweet Brussels sprouts salad (“It tasted great warm or cold!”) to her delicious fried stuffing bites, Anderson shows you how to turn traditional holiday side dishes into something special.
Fried Stuffing Bites
Recipe Courtesy Sunny Anderson, 2010
• 4 cups leftover baked stuffing (your family recipe)
• 2 eggs
• 2 tsp. milk
• 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
• 1 cup cranberry sauce
• ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• ½ cup walnuts
• Oil, for frying
1. In a deep fryer or heavy pot, preheat oil to 350ºF.
2. Cut leftover stuffing into bite-sized cubes, then gently form into balls and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Coat each stuffing bite with the egg mixture, then dredge in the bread crumbs until completely coated. Set aside.
3. In a food processor blend cranberry sauce, pepper and walnuts and set aside. Once oil is at temperature fry each piece of stuffing until golden brown about 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel and serve with cranberry pesto.