The Oscar winner’s exclusive PEOPLE interview and pictures with 3½-month-old Louis Bardo Bullock – on newsstands Friday – mark the first inside peek at Bullock’s life since she learned of her soon-to-be ex-husband’s indiscretions. Fans and PEOPLE readers immediately took to Facebook and Twitter to congratulate Bullock and comment on the news, with their reactions ranging from delight to declaring her an “inspiration.”
“Sandra is a true role model for young women to learn how to handle themselves in good and bad times, class act, with style and grace abounding,” wrote someone who identified herself simply as Jacquelynn, while OnlyOneSher Tweeted: “How can you not think happy thoughts for Sandra Bullock? She deserves it and deserves to be happy! Congratulations!”
PHOTOS: Sandra’s Road: From Cheerleader to Oscar Mom!
Still more people were impressed with her decision to adopt and excited over just how cute Louis is. Here are a few enthusiastic reactions:
• “Bravo for adopting an American baby Sandra … it is nice that you are helping kids that need love here,” wrote one reader.
• “Just amazing!!! She will be a great Momma … The smile on her face says it all … Beautiful,” posted another.
• “I just let out a joyful scream, Good for Sandra!!! She deserves all of the happiness in the world! I am so happy for her and baby Louis! Good for her!” stated Danielle.
• “Sandra Bullock is my hero,” MsStar215 Tweeted.
• “You are an inspiration in so many ways, most recently to those of us trying to adopt. Thanks for being you!” wrote Linda on Facebook.
Many comments also took shots at her two-timing husband, Jesse James, as Bullock also revealed to PEOPLE that she has filed for divorce.
“Kick that joker to the curb, grab your baby, and keep it moving,” wrote Edie. Another echoed, “Good example of when it’s time to let go and move on.”
Reader Meghan summed up what most were posting: “Best wishes to the new Bullock family and strong single moms everywhere.”
Meet Sandra Bullock’s baby! For the whole story – including photos of her son Louis, an emotional interview about her breakup with Jesse James and her life as a new mom – pick up the new issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday
PeopleTV Archive: Watch Sandra Bullock’s Changing Looks