Nicole Kidman can claim a new crown. The Hours Oscar winner is the new chart-topper on the fifth annual list of highest-paid women actors in the film industry, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Kidman, who commanded a salary of nearly $17 million for her upcoming movie The Invasion (set for August 2007 release), rose from the No. 2 spot she previously held.
Julia Roberts, whose salary has reached $20 million a movie, was No. 1 for the first four years of the trade paper’s ranking. But she didn’t pop up on this year’s list at all – having taken a break from the screen to star in the Broadway drama Three Days of Rain and to care for her twins with husband Danny Moder, Hazel and Phinnaeus.
Assuming the No. 2 spot by commanding $15 million per movie is this year’s Walk the Line Best Actress Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon.
The Top 10, as ranked by the Reporter, are:
1. Nicole Kidman, $16 million-$17 million
2. Reese Witherspoon, $15 million
3. Renee Zellweger, $15 million
4. Drew Barrymore, $15 million
5. Cameron Diaz, $15 million
6. Halle Berry, $14 million
7. Charlize Theron, $10 million
8. Angelina Jolie, $10 million
9. Kirsten Dunst, $8 million-$10 million
10. Jennifer Aniston, $8 million