Fashion show hopping can work up an appetite.
So Chef Michael White has created menus for the American Express VIP Lounge at MADE Fashion Week with Italian treats all day long.
White, of the Altamarea Group, will be serving the following goodies:
• Caprese Crostini with fresh burata, baby tomatoes, basil and aged balsamic
• Crostini with white bean rosemary spread
• Vegetables Pinzimonio with bagna cauda vinaigrette
• Steak Carpaccio with focaccia, parmigiano and wild arugula
• Winter Squash Crostini with mascarpone and sage (recipe below)
• Smoked Chicken Salad with endive and taggiasca olives
• Prosciutto Wrapped Dates
Can’t make it to fashion week? White has provided the recipe for his Winter Squash Crostini to PEOPLE for readers to make at home. Enjoy!
Winter Squash Crostini
Makes two quarts puree
• 3 butternut squash, halved lengthwise
• 1 kabocha squash, halved lengthwise
• butter for roasting
• ½ pint mascarpone cheese
• 3 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 loaf country bread/baguette
• extra virgin olive oil
• whole garlic clove
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roast squash (with knobs of butter studded in flesh), and sprinkled with salt on cookie sheets skin side up (flesh down) for about 40 minutes to 1 hour, or until squash is fork tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Remove flesh into bowl. Mix with chopped sage and mascarpone. Season to taste.