People

Subscribe

Stay Connected

Subscribe

Advertise With Us

Learn More

Skip to content

Celebrity

NKOTB's Jonathan Knight Injures Face in Tour Bus Accident

Posted on

Slaven Vlasic/Getty

Jonathan Knight is taking the road to recovery step by step.

The New Kids on the Block singer took to Twitter on Saturday night to announce that he wouldn’t be able to perform in that night’s concert in Los Angeles due to a tour bus injury.

Knight, 46, offered photographic proof of the accident on Sunday, posting a picture to his Instagram account showing him smiling despite some pretty painful-looking cuts and bruises.

And a few hours later, the boy-bander showed a sense of humor about his injuries, following up a photo of the unscarred half of his face, captioned “Feeling better,” with a pouty pic of the other half, saying, ” Just kidding.”

https://twitter.com/JonathanRKnight/status/597231829058355201

……..meanwhile back stage! #NKOTB #MainEvent

A post shared by Jonathan Knight-Rodriguez (@jonathanrknight) on

……Just kidding 😂

A post shared by Jonathan Knight-Rodriguez (@jonathanrknight) on

Although Knight hasn’t revealed specific details of the mysterious bus accident, we can at least be sure it wasn’t the result of a poorly executed prank by one of his bandmates.

“We don’t prank,” Joey McIntyre told PEOPLE last week. “I think everyone is afraid of pranking because if you prank, you’re gonna get pranked back. I don’t think anyone wants to make the first move.”

RELATED VIDEO: NKOTB Mashup

NKOTB kicked off their Main Event summer tour with Nelly and TLC on May 1 at Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay.

“We’re all on a journey,” Knight told PEOPLE of the tour. “[The fans] have been with us since we were teenagers. We’re just looking to do right by them and give them a good show.”

Fingers crossed Knight recovers in time for Monday’s show in San Diego – baby, we believe in you!