Naomi Campbell, who recently pleaded guilty to charges of misdemeanor assault for attacking her former housekeeper, tells PEOPLE: “I take responsibility for anything I do.”
Campbell, 36, speaking backstage at the Julien Macdonald fashion show in London, said she doesn’t read negative press reports about herself: “As long I’ve got my real friends and family and I know who’s who then I’m fine.”
Earlier in the evening, she’d opened the show to rapturous applause from the audience and was later surrounded by pals congratulating her backstage at the London Hilton on Park Lane hotel.
On Jan. 16, Campbell was sentenced to five days of community service and two days of anger management for throwing a cell phone that hit former housekeeper Ana Scolavino. “This was an accident, because I did not intend to hit her,” Campbell told the court.
At least other three former employees have claimed Campbell attacked them, in several cases with phones, and in October she was arrested in London for allegedly assaulting her drug counselor.
Asked by PEOPLE about the numerous incidents, Campbell replied: “I take responsibility for anything I do, but I’m pretty much okay with myself today.”
Campbell is currently working on FashionWeekLive, an event bringing the best of the catwalk shows to various cities in the U.S., but she also continues her volunteer duties.
“I still do my charity work. I’ve being doing it since ’92,” said Campbell, who was named “best model” at the Elle Style Awards on Monday. “I’ve never done it for public adulation; I’m not talking about it or promoting it.”