It may have ended with a downpour – but at this year’s Lollapalooza in Chicago, 270,000 music lovers were showered with sets by 140 different artists, including headliners Coldplay, Eminem and the Foo Fighters, who closed down the festival Sunday night.
While the concerts raged in Grant Park, heaps of stars hit the Windy City for parties and events at some of Chicago’s hot spots.
• LeAnn Rimes and husband Eddie Cibrian stopped by the Express Rocks! Suite at the Hard Rock Hotel Chicago where they picked up some swag – a pair of headphones and a Motorola tablet – at the gifting suite. Says an onlooker: “[They were] very sweet with each other.” Meanwhile, Elijah Wood and Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul also swung by the gifting suite.
• Lindsay Lohan managed to stay under the radar while in town, but the starlet did hit up the Paris Club in River North before heading to see Eminem perform. The actress drank soda and enjoyed lobster frites before slipping out incognito.
• David Arquette was also at the Paris Club – with a group of friends including Danny and Chris Masterson. After dinner, the actor headed upstairs to check out Studio Paris, where he chilled out with an energy drink. Later, he headed nearby to Hub 51‘s lower-level club, Sub 51, to catch Chris’s deejay set.
• After performing at the United Center, John Legend and his girlfriend Chrissie Tiegen headed to the Underground for a fun night out. The two sat at a table in the front of the club during a Grey Goose bash, though Tiegen soon started dancing while Legend watched.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, JESSICA HERNDON and LESLEY MESSER