Kathy Ehrich Dowd
August 06, 2013 11:40 AM

Logan Stevenson, the 2-year-old boy who served as best man at his parents wedding on Saturday, has died.

He passed away Monday evening in the arms of his mother, Christine Swidorsky, according to USA Today.

“Today Logan was doing very bad his breathing was very rapid then slowing down,” Swidorsky posted on Facebook late Monday night. A hospice worker confirmed the tiny toddler, who suffered from Fanconi anemia, a rare blood disorder, was dying.

“Sean and I held him all day he was comfortable with his medication then at 8:18 my son took his last breath in my arms,” she wrote, noting sadness and disbelief.

“He is with angels and he’s in no more pain. no more sickness no more hospitals … God bless Logan I’ll c u in my dreams my son.”

Logan’s premature passing happened just two days after the Pennsylvania tot marched down the aisle in the arms of his mom, who married Sean Stevenson in a hastily organized wedding his parents moved up from its tentative 2014 date after they learned their son had two or three weeks to live.

Logan was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia at 14 months old and had a stem-cell transplant a year ago. He lost one kidney to a tumor in March and doctors found a mass on his other kidney.

Yet despite his heartbreaking medical condition, his parents found hope in having him be part of their intimate backyard wedding, which also served as a tribute to his short life.

“This is our dream come true. All our family together and we’re all together celebrating, the celebration of my son’s life and the celebration of our marriage,” Swidorsky told NBC Pittsburgh affiliate WPXI Saturday.

Logan donned a pinstriped suit for the nuptials and his little sister, 1-year-old Savannah, served as flower girl. Swidorsky’s 13-year-old daughter, Isabella Johns, served as a bridesmaid.

After the wedding, the family retreated to their home to spend time with Logan – just as they wanted.

“I just am thankful that I am able to bring my son home and have time with him and hold him before he goes,” Stevenson told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review last week, which first reported the story. “So in that sense, I feel lucky that I at least get to say goodbye to my son … and tell him it’s going to be okay.”

You May Like