Stay Connected


Advertise With Us

Learn More

Skip to content
Join Now
PetHero: Save 25% at the vet; get toys, treats and a 24/7 lost pet conciergeLearn More


Lindsay Lohan's Dad Admits to In-Law Brawl

Posted on

Details are emerging from a weekend fracas at Lindsay Lohan’s parents’ house on suburban Long Island, N.Y., which ended with police being summoned to the scene.

Nassau County authorities responded Sunday to a call from the Merrick, L.I., home of Michael and Dina Lohan at around 6:30 p.m., the New York Post reports.

Police are investigating the claims of a 44-year-old man – apparently, Lindsay’s uncle – who says he was attacked at the house, having been “punched in the face while trying to break up a fight between two people,” said an investigator.

Meanwhile, Lindsay’s dad, Michael Lohan, admits to New York’s Daily News that he’s the man who was involved in the fight, which took place in his home after a service at the family church, where Lindsay’s youngest sibling, Dakota, 7, had his first communion.

Speaking to TV’s Celebrity Justice, Michael Lohan said: “After the communion we had a party. We were having a great time, it was a wonderful day.”

Then, Michael says, his brother-in-law (Lindsay’s uncle) Matt Sullivan wanted to leave. “He came across the front of the car and he swung at me,” Michael says, “and when he swung at me, I hit him.”

Lohan claims he didn’t start the fight. “If I approached him,” he says, “why was he 20 feet in my direction and why was there blood all over the front of my Mercedes?”

Lohan tells the Daily News that he left the scene before the cops arrived. Sullivan reportedly received 16 staples in his head at a local hospital.

No arrests have been made, but the News reports that police have impounded Lohan’s car, which was described as blood-splattered.

Leslie Sloane, a rep for the actress, said Lindsay, 17, was visiting from her home in California last weekend to join her parents and siblings – brother Michael, 16, and sister Ali, 10 – for the first communion of Dakota.

The rep says Lindsay was visiting an aunt at the time of the alleged incident and “had nothing to do with it.”

“None of the children were in the house at the time,” Sloane said. “The children were … spending time with their cousins.”

By Monday, Lindsay had flown home to California, said the rep. “She is such a tough kid,” her father told Celebrity Justice. “I spoke to her three times last night. She seemed very strong and confident.”