So when the rocker stepped out for the film’s Los Angeles premiere Monday night, with daughter Zoe Kravitz, 24, on his arm, we were reminded that Kravitz, 49, is pretty much the coolest dad ever. Taking Zoe as his date to the red carpet event is just one reason; here are five more.
1. She can totally raid his closet. “Zoe has a lot of my stuff,” Lenny told Details in 2011. “She took all my boas from the Mama Said era. They were in storage, and I yelled at her, ‘Don t steal my boas!’ She laughed and said, ‘Those words would not come out of most fathers’ mouths.'”
2. He gives good advice. “March to your own beat, Zoe told O, The Oprah Magazine in 2013. “Yes, it’s a cliché, but this industry can be judgmental, and it’s easy to feel like you want to change according to what’s cool at that moment. My dad [Lenny Kravitz] has stayed true to himself, and that’s led me to do the same.”
3. He just happens to star in a blockbuster franchise alongside her BFF, Jennifer Lawrence. Kravitz calls J. Law “part of the family.” Aww.
4. He encourages Zoe’s independence. “I’m not a jealous dad at all,” Lenny told Details. I trust her judgment. She’s well equipped, and she needs to go out and do her own thing. She’s seen enough and was loved enough by both her mom and me that she has made me proud on every account.”
5. All the cool kids love him. After the Glee cast covered one of his songs, Lenny told Vulture, “… with all my godkids, nieces, and nephews, now they think I’m cool! I mean, forget the Lenny Kravitz music thing: I was on Glee, I was on The Simpsons, now I m in The Hunger Games. I’m getting my kid cred!”