“It was a roller coaster, but in the best way,” a guest tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story. “It was a crazy, nonstop, incredible dream.”
But there was at least one quiet moment during the ceremony at Forte di Belvedere in Florence, Italy, on May 24: When the couple recited their self-penned vows, which featured “a little bit of humor and a whole lot of love,” says an attendee.
The groom “told me he had practiced them in front of a mirror several times to commit them to memory,” says the attendee. “He didn’t make any mistakes.”
And the couple’s 11-month-old daughter, North, made sure to capture the spotlight. Carried down the aisle by grandma Kris Jenner, says another source, “She clapped the whole way down.”
• Reporting by JENNIFER GARCIA and STEVE HELLING
For much more on Kim and Kanye’s wedding – including exclusive photos and details about her dress, the guest list, the bridal party and more – pick up this week’s issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday
All About Kim & Kanye’s Lavish Wedding
More on Kim & Kanye’s Wedding:
• From Europe with Love! Personal Snaps from Kim & Kanye’s Wedding Weekend
• Kim & Kanye’s Crazy in Love Quotes
• Fun Inside The Wedding Photo Booth … See Their Guests!
• Kim & Kanye’s Matchy-Matchy Couple Style