On Thursday night, Khloé Kardashian Instagrammed a picture of herself trying to blow out three massive sparklers that were glowing on top of her triple-tiered birthday cake.
“I couldn’t help but wish for a couple of forevers,” she wrote in the caption.
Just because our favorite Kardashian has already kickstarted her 30th birthday celebration, that doesn’t mean that we can’t keep it going. Despite Thursday night’s celebration, June 27 is the actual date inked on her driver’s license, so, in her honor, here are a dozen reasons Khloé is our favorité.
1. Khloé is the one who lives the most attainable life, and yes, we know that putting the word “attainable” near the word “Kardashian” is an oxymoron like “jumbo shrimp” or “airplane food.” But once she kicks off her ever-present Louboutins, Khloé seems to appreciate simple things and little joys, like the flowers she sees during her hikes (and stopping to Instagram the hydrangeas is the new stopping to smell the roses.) “I don’t like people catering to me,” she told Cosmopolitan. “It feels so awkward and uncomfortable.”
(Credit: Tumblr user Haletosciles)
2. She has a great blend of self-confidence and a self-deprecating sense of humor. It can’t be easy when your weight fluctuations are chronicled by everyone with a long-lens camera or the ability to @-reply, but she has kept a ridiculously positive attitude.
3. She has stayed strong and has kept her head up during what has been an incredibly difficult year, one that included her highly publicized separation from husband Lamar Odom. (She filed for divorce from Odom in December after a painful few months that included his DUI arrest and his stay in rehab for substance abuse.) “I don’t regret anything about my life,” she told Cosmopolitan UK. “My life has made me who I am at this moment and I’m very happy with who I am.” Khloé is reportedly in a new-ish relationship with rapper French Montana, whose name sounds like a brand of luxury denim.
4. Khloé loves her family and will fiercely defend them against their critics. “You must leave my little sisters out of it,” she Tweeted after they were slammed for going to a concert. “Come for me all you want but LEAVE THEM ALONE.” She stood up for younger brother Rob earlier this year when he was being ridiculed for his own weight gain. “Some of you are disgusting for calling others names and picking on them,” she wrote. And she means it.
5. There’s nothing more adorable than her goofy fascination with giraffes, especially a giant inflatable one named Henry.
(Credit: Tumblr user F— Yeah Dash)
6. Because Khloé has totally nailed this social media thing. She’s a prolific Tweeter and has already shared over 43,000 (!!!) updates with her 10 million-plus followers, a steady stream of 140-character increments that range from shoutouts to her friends, inspirational sayings (“Be proud of the pieces that make you YOU”) and throwing occasional shade on her critics. She’s also fluent in Emoji.
(Credit: Tumblr user Kardashian Empire)
7. She’s the Kardashian who’s least likely to post a duckface selfie. Oh sure, she aims the occasional pout at the camera (who doesn’t?) but she does it way less than her sisters. And your sisters. And most of the girls you went to college with.
8. We admire her dedication to her workouts. She gets her sweat on with trainer Gunnar Peterson, a near-daily routine that includes everything from biking to boxing, jumping rope to running stairs. Most days, she’s tagged a picture with #noexcuses before we’ve even managed a #snoozebar.
(Credit: Tumblr user Kardashians-Jenner 2014)
9. She has two levels of calling out her haters. If she’s not shaming them directly, then she’s slyly Instagramming slogans like “You can’t fix yourself by breaking someone else” and “If you cannot be positive, then at least be quiet.” OK, they’re not her own words, but they’re still worth reading.
10. We dig her activism, which has included working with the World Wildlife Foundation in its efforts to save wild tigers and visiting the Downtown Women’s Center in Los Angeles, where she “[dropped] off some donations and stayed to serve the ladies lunch.” She is also anti-fur and appeared in one of PETA’s signature “I’d rather go naked than wear fur” ads. (She later snipped her ties to PETA after one of its alleged activists “flour-bombed” sister Kim on the red carpet. See? Family totally comes first.)
(Credit: Tumblr user Fierce GIFs)
11. She’s totally scrolled through some online list called “Things Only Younger Siblings Would Understand,” nodding her head the whole time. She knows she’s not mom Kris’s favorite daughter and she’s called her out on it. “I’m still third place,” Khloé joked when the pair appeared on Chelsea Lately. “And I’m not trying to get to number one. But second? I mean, Kourtney’s like watching paint dry.”
12. Because she does things like this.
Happy 30th birthday, Khlomoney! Now about that piece of cake…