Katy Perry‘s “Roar” was released this week, and everyone seemed to be a fan – even her cat, Kitty Purry.
Well, maybe not everyone.
As Sara Bareilles fans (and other people with ears) quickly pointed out, the song sounds a lot like the singer’s own “Brave.” And Katy’s not the only one channeling another this week.
Read on for the Bar Mitzvah kid embracing his inner J.Lo, the impressionist who channeled 19 divas, and more of best, most random things online.
• Katy Perry‘s New Single, "Roar" Sounds a Lot like Sara Bareilles’s "Brave"
Listen to both and tell us in comments if you think the songs sound alike. And if not, tell us when your next hearing appointment is.
And here’s the requisite Soundcloud mash-up between the two songs.
And here’s another one:
• The White House Makes a Mean Girls Reference on a Photo of Bo Obama
The quote comes from Toaster Strudel heiress Gretchen Wieners, obviously. No word yet from the Obama administration on their views on tiny packets of frosting.
• Sam Horowitz Celebrates His Bar Mitvah with the Best Performance of "Show Me How You Burlesque" and "Dance Again"
This kid is why gifs were invented.
• Impressionist Christina Bianco Delivers 19 Diva Impressions While Singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart"
For her finale she threw a Blackberry at someone’s head.
• Two Hipster Chicks Go Dumpster Diving to Try the Oh-So-Trendy Cronut
Isn’t there an Arcade Fire concert somewhere missing these girls?
• Aaron Paul Did a Reddit AMA, Called Everyone B––––.
He also says he’d like to be Chewbacca because “it would be fun to be that furry and soft” and that Breaking Bad costar Bryan Cranston “smells like a freshly bathed unicorn on a summer day in Barcelona.”