Kate Moss will not face charges over her alleged drug use caught on film in London last year, Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said Thursday.
In September, London’s Daily Mirror published stills from a video of Moss, 32, apparently snorting cocaine in a recording studio with her then-boyfriend, admitted drug user Pete Doherty.
Still, the CPS said it was unable to determine what kind of drug Moss and others were using, Reuters reports.
“The film footage provides an absolutely clear indication that Ms. Moss was using controlled drugs and providing them to others,” said Rene Barclay, the CPS’s London director of serious casework.
“However, in the absence of any forensic evidence, or direct eyewitness evidence about the substance in question, its precise nature could not be established. Ms. Moss declined to provide any explanation when interviewed, and the direct eyewitnesses also declined to provide evidence.”
Burberry, H&M and Chanel canceled contracts with Moss after the publication of the incriminating photos, but she has since rebuilt her career, signing on to appear in ads for Nikon, Virgin Mobile, Calvin Klein and other clients.