If you’ve ever wanted to bid on a bejeweled piece of hip-hop history, bling it on!
Phillips de Pury & Co.’s “Hip-Hop Crown Jewels” auction next spring in New York will sell off the high-priced trinkets of rap’s hottest starts, including personal jewelry from Kanye West, 50 Cent, and Diddy, reports MTV.
And the bling is already creating a buzz. Due to “overwhelming interest”, the auctioneers have moved up the auction date from Oct. 1 to March. 5, 2009.
On the auction block?
• Missy Elliott’s diamond-and-gold turntable ring and a black Jesus diamond pendant from Kanye West.
• Lil Jon’s 13-lb. Crunk Ain’t Dead pendant, which holds the Guinness World Record as the world’s largest diamond pendant.
• Tupac Shakur’s diamond-and-ruby crown-shaped ring, which the late rapper was wearing when he was killed in 1996.
• A diamond star pendant worn by Jay-Z on the cover of of L’uomo Vogue.
• A glittering diamond Rolex owned by the late Notorious B.I.G.
Some proceeds from the auction will be donated to Russell Simmons’ Rush Community Affairs charity, an organization that provides education and resources to over seventy NYC community development programs.