Here we go again.
In an increasingly heated game of he-said-she-said, Jon Gosselin is blasting back at estranged wife Kate Gosselin and her claims that he violated an arbitrator’s orders by withdrawing $230,000 from a joint bank account from Aug. 10 to Sept. 29.
“A total fabrication,” Jon, 32, told The Insider Monday. “I withdrew $22,000 last Thursday. I have the paper trail to prove it.”
RELATED: Jon Clears Out Kate’s Bank Account
Last week and again on various talk shows on Monday morning, Kate, 34, said Jon’s money moves had left her unable to pay bills for herself or their eight children.
“If I have to work at McDonald’s, I will do what I have to for my kids,” Kate said by phone on The View, shortly before news broke that her lawyer had filed papers in court to force Jon to return the money, and to find him in contempt for his actions.
But Jon is now blasting Kate, saying she is lying about how much money he’s withdrawn – and about being nearly destitute.
“I’ve never taken any money out because over 10 years, Kate handled all the banking,” he said. “Over the past four years of doing the show, we accrued $2,250,000. She says in the past week I took $230,000. I have withdrawn roughly $177,000 over the course of a year, which is less than 10 percent of what we made. That’s like my paycheck.”
Jon goes on to say that he suspects his wife is the one whose numbers don’t add up.
“She’s hiding money,” he said. “We have 11 bank accounts. That was just our joint account. She had a best-selling book. Where’s that million dollars? I believe she’s incriminating herself and not thinking clearly. She’s wanting me to look bad. I didn’t want these things to come public. I didn’t want this to be embarrassing for her.”
Calls to Kate Gosselin’s attorneys were not immediately returned.