Ever wonder what happens behind closed doors at your favorite stars’ homes? Well, settle in, because PEOPLE Country is giving you a peek into the places your favorite stars call home.
• Reba McEntire likes to enjoy hot days in Nashville at her 14,000-acre house with a good glass of sweet tea. “We [McEntire and husband/manager Narvel Blackstock] love it here,” she tells PEOPLE. “The beauty of it. It’s just so green. It’s magical.”
• Darius Rucker, who lives in his hometown of Charleston, South Carolina, shares that his favorite spot is his TV room, which holds six flat screen TVs. “This is where I relax,” says the star, whose new single “Alright” went to No. 1 on the country chart this week, adding “You can watch almost all the NFL games at once!”
• “Redneck Woman” Gretchen Wilson has a log cabin, a farm, and a recording studio on her Tennessee property. “People ask me where I go to get away, and I say ‘Home,'” Wilson admits. “I can see being here the rest of my life.”
• Holly Williams is finally settled in her Nashville loft after years on the road. Williams, who has decided on an interior design career if music didn’t pan out, prides herself on an eclectic sense of style. “I love to think there are ghosts behind the furniture,” she tells PEOPLE about her favorite piece, a vintage armoire.
• When Kenny Rogers and his family need to get away, they flock to his country estate in Athens, Georgia. Rogers, who loves to design and decorate homes, specifically set up the Athens house so that he could “see the sunrise on one side and the sunset on the other. It is breathtaking.”
• Home isn’t just a building to singer Jimmy Wayne. After surviving a rough childhood, home is the place where he can feel safe and secure. “Sometimes I walk through the front door of my house – and I think, ‘This is what I’ve been doing this for. To be able to walk through the door into my own home.’ ”
For photos of these and more celebrity homes, pickup PEOPLE Country ‘s September 2009 issue, on newsstands Friday
For more on this issue, tune-in to PEOPLE Country on CMT. This 30-minute CMT special will bring the pages of PEOPLE Country to life, with exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage of photo shoots and interviews (Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley, Gretchen Wilson and Darius Rucker). The special premieres Friday, Aug. 7 at 1:30 p.m. ET/PT, and will encore on Sat., Aug. 8 at 1:30 p.m. ET/PT and Sun., Aug. 9 at 11:00 a.m. ET/PT.