The Star Wars actor, 72, suffered a bad laceration to his face in the crash and was transported to a local hospital, where his loved ones, including wife Calista Flockhart and Ford’s son Ben and daughter Georgia rushed to his side.
Flockhart, 50 – who was at the hospital with Ford till late on Thursday night – was photographed driving on Friday, looking tired and clutching a tissue. She later returned to her husband’s bedside.
On Thursday, “Calista arrived at the ER shortly after Harrison,” a source tells PEOPLE. “She looked concerned and stayed with Harrison until late last night. This morning, she drove [their son] Liam to school and then straight to the hospital. She is still at the hospital now.”
The pair tied the knot in 2010 after more than eight years together.
“They are a super loving, normal, down-to-earth family,” a source tells PEOPLE. “Flying is something they’ve shared. This whole thing must be terrifying.”
Ben Ford, Tweeted an update from the hospital Thursday night, explaining that his dad was “battered, but ok!”
“He is every bit the man you would think he is. He is an incredibly strong man,” he added, but admitted to a friend on Twitter that the incident had been “#veryscary.”
More on Harrison Ford’s plane crash:
• Harrison Ford in Stable Condition After Plane Crash
• Harrison Ford Suffered ‘Bad Laceration’ to Scalp in Plane Crash, Says Eyewitness
• Harrison Ford Plane Crash: Eyewitnesses Describe ‘Sputtering’ Plane, Hearing a ‘Boom’
• Harrison Ford Is ‘Battered but OK,’ Son Says
• Inside Harrison Ford’s Passion for Flying – and Scariest Crashes
• Aviation Expert on Harrison Ford’s Crash Landing: ‘Everything He Did Was Perfect’
• Twitter Flooded with Show of Support for Harrison Ford After Plane Crash