How does the World’s Most Beautiful Woman keep her glow? With a diet that’s healthy and balanced.
“For breakfast, I’ll have coffee which I cannot give up, no matter what,” Gwyneth Paltrow says. “And then I always have a really good smoothie. I graze a lot during the day, and I try to have a light lunch like a grilled marinated chicken breast grilled in a salad. For dinner, I eat whatever I want.”
Paltrow’s new cookbook, It’s All Good, includes favorite good-for-you recipes, such as her chicken burgers, which are great for the whole family.
“We love them,” she says. “It’s great to be able to make something when you’re in a pinch.”
Gwyneth’s Chicken Burgers, Thai Style
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 13-15 minutes
• 1 1b. ground chicken (preferably dark meat)
• 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
• ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
• 2 shallots, very finely minced
• 1 tsp. very finely minced red chili (or more or less, however hot you like it)
• 2 tsp. fish sauce
• ½ tsp. coarse sea salt
• 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp. canola, grapeseed or safflower oil
1. Thoroughly mix the chicken with the garlic, cilantro, shallots, red chili, fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 burgers, each about ¾-inch thick.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Rub each burger on both sides with a bit of oil and grill for about 8 minutes on the first side and another 5 minutes on the second, or until nicely marked and firm to the touch.