Giada De Laurentiis, star of The Food Network’s Giada at Home and author of Weeknights with Giadi offers her “sweet and tangy” balsamic-glazed salmon as part of PEOPLE’s Mediterranean diet special. The Med Diet favors fish over red meat to “cut back on cholesterol-clogging fat,” says health expert Joy Bauer.
• ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 tbsp. maple syrup
• 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 4 (6-oz.) center-cut salmon filets, skinned and boned
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tsp. kosher salt
• ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Position oven rack to center position. Preheat oven to 400º
2. Boil vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
3. Arrange salmon on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle both sides of filets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Cool 10 minutes.
4. Drizzle salmon with glaze. Serve immediately.