1 of 12
"My dad is also full of great beauty advice, like wear your perfume in your belly button and on the soles of your feet so it becomes part of you."
– Liv Tyler, sharing one-of-kind beauty tips from her one-of-a-kind father Steven Tyler, to Elle
2 of 12
"I played tennis in high school. I was in this tournament and I was at my all-time [John] McEnroe best – throwing my racket and saying words that were not acceptable. [My dad] got right up to me and said, 'Are you having fun?' I said, 'No.' And he said, 'Then don't do it.'"
– Brad Pitt, on how his father Bill's pep talk inspired him to find his true career passion, to Parade
3 of 12
4 of 12
"My father and daughter had unwittingly taught me the importance of balance. Could I use some butter and cheese and eggs in my cooking without going down some kind of hippie shame spiral? Yes. Of course I could."
– GOOP guru Gwyneth Paltrow, whose late father Bruce inspired her cookbook, My Father's Daughter
5 of 12
"We play to win. Gosh, I sound like my father, don't I? But that's what you get from this particular Daddy's girl."
– Real estate and fashion mogul Ivanka Trump, on taking after the Donald, in her book The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life
6 of 12
"He said, 'If I die tomorrow, always remember what I told you.' I took his advice, and I remembered everything he told me."
– Paris Jackson, on what her pop star dad Michael taught her, on Ellen
7 of 12
"My dad took me to see Saturday Night Live as a birthday treat, and I knew at that moment that this was what I wanted to do."
– Olivia Wilde, who's not only acting but dating SNL star Jason Sudeikis, to Town and Country
8 of 12
"My dad gave me a freakin' kidney!"
– Modern Family's Sarah Hyland, who's going to have a hard time repaying her father after undergoing kidney dysplasia surgery, to Seventeen
9 of 12
"I've always been into dressing nicely. My dad's really into fashion also…He has his own style and I have my own style, but it’s a shared thing."
– Model Patrick Schwarzenegger, who has father Arnold to thank for his stylish genes, to WWD
10 of 12
"I'm really good at Italian cooking, because I grew up watching my dad in the kitchen."
– Chaz Bono, on the many talents he picked up from his superstar father Sonny, to PEOPLE
11 of 12
"My dad reinvented himself…It's a hard thing to go from being a variety show host to a news anchor and be taken seriously…It's a really good lesson for me because I did a lot of schlock as an actor."
– Oscar winner George Clooney, crediting dad Nick's example for his own career reinvention, on 60 Minutes
12 of 12
"My dad was a bed wetter, his dad was a bed wetter. It’s likehow in some families everybody is a cop or a fireman? Wetting the bed is the Silverman way."
– Daddy's girl Sarah Silverman, whose memoir The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee is an homage to her father Donald, to Playboy
Fabulous at 45! Dita Von Teese Has a Night on the Town for Her Milestone Birthday
Every Celebrity Wedding of 2017, Plus the Pics!
Meet Laura Dern's Doppelgänger and More Incredible Celeb Lookalikes
Star Tracks: Celebs on Social
Celebs with a Cause! Every Star You Need to See from the Environmental Media Association Awards