Eric Ripert may be especially renowned for his work with seafood – but everything the French chef cooks seems to meet near-universal praise. His New York restaurant Le Bernardin is still ranked among the best restaurants internationally, and he’s been an expert judge on Top Chef and even starred on his own hit PBS cooking show, Avec Eric.
Next up, he is hosting the Cayman Cookout at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, but you can enjoy the flavor at home:
Baked chicken with coconut broth
• 4 (8-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• Salt & pepper
• ½ cup cilantro leaves
• 1 lime, sliced into 8 rounds
• 2 cups coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 4 (20×8-in.) pieces of aluminum foil; fold each piece in half crosswise. Place foil sheets on ungreased baking sheet.
2. Place breasts on each sheet. Season with salt and pepper; top with several cilantro leaves and 2 slices of lime.
3. Pull edges of foil over chicken, creating a pouch. Pour ½ cup of milk into each packet; crimp remaining edges to seal.
4. Bake packets 12 to 15 minutes or until they re puffed. Cut an opening in top of each; fold back edges and serve.
For more info on the Cayman Cookout Jan. 17-20, go to caymancookout.com. //Placement 2 (below article): //Size 600×95 //Cmpos=covercontexte //Cmtyp=tout var ad = adFactory.getCmAd(600, 95, “covercontexte”, “tout”); ad.setParam(“dcopt”, “ist”); ad.write();