It’s Election Day!
As the race between incumbent President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney approaches the finish line, many voters will host election night parties … or at least eat dinner in front of the TV.
Whether you’re partying for your candidate or just in need of a cocktail as you await the results, we found two fun drinks concocted just for Tuesday night.
With TV news commentators breaking down the results state by state, Malibu created a following cocktail with their new, less-sweet spirit. And Herradura tequila whipped up a cocktail (that can easily skew Republican or Democrat with food coloring).
The Swing State
• 1 part Malibu Black Rum (or like brand)
• Dash of Absolut Pears
• 1 part lemonade
• 1 part lemon-lime soda
Mix all ingredients over ice in a tall glass.
• 2 oz. reposado tequila
• ½ oz. blue (or red!) edible coloring
• ¾ oz. lime juice
• ½ oz. agave nectar
1. Place all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
2. Take care to add only a touch of coloring – a little goes a long way.
3. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass or serve over ice in an old fashioned glass.
And cheers to the new president.