A spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle were also found near his body in his Vancouver Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel room, according to the final autopsy report released Wednesday.
The Glee star, 31, had an alcohol level of 0.13 percent, according to a toxicological analysis contained in the Sept. 16 British Columbia coroner’s report.
The documents confirm, as previously reported, that the alcohol – combined with heroin – caused the actor’s death.
It appears Monteith – who had a long history of addiction and checked into rehab in March – had not consumed drugs recently because as the documents point out, “Individuals typically build up a concentration tolerance to this type of drug over time. After a period of cessation from opioid drug use, a previously tolerated drug concentration level may become toxic and fatal.”