1 of 9
"Are you guys gonna wear your meat suits at least?"
– Show co-host Brad Paisley, mistaking winners Lady Antebellum for that other lady … Gaga
2 of 9
3 of 9
"Normally I root for Miranda at these things, but that was way before I ever got nominated. We'll just leave it at that. You can draw your own conclusions.' "
– Blake Shelton, to PEOPLE, on putting on his game face to compete against fiancée Miranda Lambert
4 of 9
"All you have to do is read the teleprompter. I can read. Check!"
– Kellie Pickler, on acing her job as presenter, to CMT
5 of 9
"Yes, she does [have a southern accent]. But she says 'y'all' and 'g'day, mate.' So she's a mix."
– Aussie Nicole Kidman, on raising daughter Sunday Rose in Nashville, to CMT
6 of 9
"I think it's a really fun dress; it kind of looks like a Gothic cake topper!"
– Julianne Hough, to PEOPLE, on her Georges Chakra gown and her first time wearing black at an awards show
7 of 9
"I went to a great bar and had a pint of Guinness. That's my new ritual. I'm feeling good!"
– Performer Gwyneth Paltrow, on calming her pre-show jitters, to CMT
8 of 9
"I don't know what's goin' on. I just told Blake I think we need to go to church."
– Miranda Lambert, accepting the award for female vocalist of the year, after Shelton took the trophy for male vocalist
9 of 9
"Come on man, everybody here knows that Brad Paisley lip syncs."
– NASCAR champ Jeff Gordon, whose Brad Paisley impression was foiled by one tell: no singing!
Inside Ben Affleck’s Addiction Battle, Plus Selena Gomez Opens Up About Her Health After Kidney Transplant
A Smiling Fergie Opens Up on Lorraine, Plus Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus & More
Five Things to Know About Coco Star and Outspoken Mexican Actress Natalia Cordova-Buckley
From Della Reese to Hugh Hefner: Remembering The Stars We've Lost in 2017