½ cup dry Coleman’s Mustard (about a 2-oz. can)
½ cup granulated sugar
Pinch of Kosher salt
1 T. all purpose flour
½ cup apple cider vinegar
9 oz. prepared yellow mustard
1 T. unsalted butter, melted
1. Mix together the dry mustard, sugar, salt and flour.
2. Stir the vinegar, yellow mustard and butter into the mixture until well combined.
3. Refrigerate the mustard for at least 24 hours, which intensifies the heat.
Makes about 1 cup
To make a glaze for turkey, combine ½ cup of the mustard with 1 cup of pomegranate balsamic reduction (recipe follows).
Cat s Pomegranate Balsamic Reduction
1. Combine equal parts pomegranate juice and balsamic vinegar (a good balsamic, but not your most expensive bottle).
2. Heat over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the reduction is syrupy, but not as thick as molasses.