1 of 11
2 of 11
3 of 11
4 of 11
5 of 11
"We will not be intimidated. Their horrific acts only unite us."
– President Barack Obama, responding to the Islamic State militants who posted a video of the beheading of a second American journalist, Steven Sotloff
6 of 11
7 of 11
"Mr amp Mrs Wahlberg, checking in from heaven. Thank you for all of your well wishes. #happy"
– Newlywed Jenny McCarthy, sharing a post-wedding photo with husband Donnie Wahlberg, on Twitter
8 of 11
"My work is so rewarding, and I'm so self-centered about it that I'm kind of excited about not having to go home and ask someone about their day."
– Mindy Kaling, on the benefits of being single, to Flare magazine
9 of 11
"The transformation begins! My first shoot as Pan. Fun fact: I was all ready to cut my hair, then was told by the folks who actually know what they're doing that a wig works better for everybody. So, December 4th, here we come. #wiglife"
– Allison Williams, in character for her upcoming role in Peter Pan Live!, on Instagram
10 of 11
"My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh. Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon."
– Melissa Rivers, in a statement announcing the death of her mother, legendary comedian Joan Rivers
11 of 11
FROM PEOPLE EN ESPANOL: 10 Times Demi Lovato Embraced Her Curves on Instagram
8 Stars Over 50 Who Are Defying the Laws of Aging
Star Tracks: Gal & Isla Are Pros at Keeping Up, Plus Uzo, Ciara & More
10 Best Celeb Quotes This Week
Shailene Woodley Pens Revealing Essay: 'The Truth of My Arrest'
Kim Kardashian's BFF Shares Photos of the KUWTK Star's Sweet 16 — Check Out Her BMW!
Justin Theroux's Brace-Faced TBT of Him and Elizabeth Banks Is Too Good to Be True