Nothing says “Super Bowl” like finger food. Mini hot dogs, veggies, chips – you get the picture. Which is why burger pro Bobby Flay’s sliders are a perfect addition to your game day lineup: They’re easy to eat and almost as easy to make.
Topped with chipotle mayo, Flay says his burgers “have the perfect kick to go along with the biggest game of the year.”
Sliders with Chipotle Mayonnaise
Makes 8 servings
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 2 canned chipotles in adobo sauce
• Juice of ½ lime
• 1½ lbs. ground beef, 80% lean, 20% fat
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Cheese slices, your choice
• Mini burger buns
1. For mayonnaise: Puree the first three ingredients in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Form meat into 8 tightly packed portions. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place sliders on the grill. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. When the sliders are almost done, top with cheese. Close grill (or cover) to allow cheese to melt. Place on bun, top with mayonnaise and serve.