“He’s going to give her every chance to fight for her life,” a source tells PEOPLE. “He’s trying to keep as positive as possible.”
Bobbi Kristina has since been moved to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, where she remains on life support. Her family, including grandmother Cissy Houston, have stayed close to her bedside since she entered the hospital.
“I think they’re going to try to wait and see [what happens],” the source says, adding of Brown: “In his mind, she’s going to pull through – she’s a fighter, and she’s going to pull through. I think he’s going to hold out as long as he possibly can.”
As for Bobbi Kristina’s current condition, a Brown family member told PEOPLE Sunday morning there was “no change.”
Wednesday will mark the three-year anniversary of Bobbi Kristina’s mother’s death. Houston was found unconscious in a hotel bathroom in Los Angeles on Feb. 11, 2012; her death was ruled an accidental drowning, and reports found cocaine, marijuana, Xanax, Benadryl and other medication in her system.
• With reporting by STEVE HELLING
For more on Bobbi Kristina, pick up the new issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands now
More on Bobbi Kristina Brown:
• Bobbi Kristina’s Cousin: We’re Still Praying, ‘Though Doctors Don’t See Any Hope for Change’
• Family Gathering to Say Goodbye to Bobbi Kristina Brown
• Max Lomas, Who Initially Found Bobbi Kristina Brown Unresponsive, Just ‘Wants His Good Friend Back’
• Houston Family Had Restraining Order Against Bobbi Kristina’s ‘Husband’ Nick Gordon
• Bobbi Kristina and ‘Husband’ Nick Gordon Were Never Married
• Bobby Brown’s Bedside Song to Daughter Bobbi Kristina: ‘The Greatest Love of All’
• Were Drugs Involved with Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Near-Drowning?
• Kevin Costner on Bobbi Kristina Brown: ‘I Can’t Imagine’ What Her Family Is Going Through
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Family Keeping Hospital Bedside Vigil
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Is ‘Fighting For Her Life,’ Family Says
• For Bobbi Kristina Brown, Minutes Without Air ‘Could Be Grim’
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Still Unresponsive, According to Source
• Do Bobbi Kristina Browns’s Social Media Accounts Hold Clues About Why She Was Found Unresponsive?
• Bobbi Kristina Brown: Inside the Troubled Life of Whitney Houston’s Daughter
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Tub
• Stars Rally Around Bobbi Kristina Brown
• Bobbi Kristina’s Husband Is Not the Bad Guy, Says Source
• Bobby Brown ‘Inconsolable’ Over Bobbi Kristina’s Hospitalization
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Recovery Would Be a Miracle, Says Source