The singer, 46, performed at the Soul Food Festival in Los Angeles on Saturday, pausing to thank an enthusiastic crowd of fans for their encouragement.
“I wanna thank all of y’all for coming out tonight, for supporting me and my family,” he said after his opening song. “Rough times are rough times. Hard times are hard times. I don’t know what the hell I’m going through right now, but I’m giving it to God.”
Brown’s 22-year-old daughter with the late Whitney Houston has remained unresponsive since she was found unconscious in her bathtub in George on Jan. 31. Brown has been making medical decisions for Bobbi Kristina, who is Houston’s only child.
While Brown was onstage singing hits like “My Prerogative” and “Roni,” his wife, Alicia Etheredge-Brown, manned the Bobby Brown Foods booth at the festival, selling chicken, sausage and spices under the singer’s eponymous new label.
Etheredge-Brown, due in July with the couple’s second child, told PEOPLE that the family is “doing as well as you’d expect.”
Brown appeared to be keeping his spirits up even after his performance, retiring to his booth to take pictures with fans. Etheridge and their young son, Cassius, were never far from his side.
Bobbi Kristina Brown Suffers ‘Horrible Setback’
More on Bobbi Kristina Brown:
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Tub
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Used Heroin, Other Drugs Before Being Found in Bathtub, Source Says
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s ‘Distraught’ Boyfriend Nick Gordon Checks into Rehab
• ‘Strong Evidence of Foul Play’ in Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Near Drowning, Claims Aunt
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Boyfriend Nick Gordon Will Open Up About His ‘Mental Anguish’ on The Dr. Phil Show
• On Bobbi Kristina Brown’s 22nd Birthday, Her Family Waits for News of Her Condition
• Bobby Brown ‘Not Happy’ About His Family’s Reality Show