The daughter of R&B singer Bobby Brown and the late pop legend Whitney Houston has been breathing with the help of a ventilator while in intensive care in Georgia.
“Bobbi Kristina is fighting for her life and is surrounded by immediate family. As her father already stated, we are asking you to honor our request for privacy during this difficult time,” the Houston family said in a statement Monday. “Thank you for your prayers, well wishes, and we greatly appreciate your continued support.”
The 21-year-old’s husband, Nick Gordon, and a friend found her lying in their bathtub. The news brought back memories of Houston’s passing in 2012, when she was discovered in a similar fashion in her bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. It was later determined that she died from accidental drowning and had drugs in her system, including cocaine and marijuana.
Sources told PEOPLE that Brown’s condition has yet to improve, and the it would take a miracle for her to recover.
• With reporting by JULIE JORDAN and LIZ McNEIL
More on Bobbi Kristina Brown: • Bobbi Kristina and ‘Husband’ Nick Gordon Were Never Married’
• Bobby Brown’s Bedside Song to Daughter Bobbi Kristina: ‘The Greatest Love of All’
• Were Drugs Involved with Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Near-Drowning?
• Kevin Costner on Bobbi Kristina Brown: ‘I Can’t Imagine’ What Her Family Is Going Through
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Family Keeping Hospital Bedside Vigil
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Is ‘Fighting For Her Life,’ Family Says
• For Bobbi Kristina Brown, Minutes Without Air ‘Could Be Grim’
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Still Unresponsive, According to Source
• Do Bobbi Kristina Browns’s Social Media Accounts Hold Clues About Why She Was Found Unresponsive?
• Bobbi Kristina Brown: Inside the Troubled Life of Whitney Houston’s Daughter
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Tub
• Stars Rally Around Bobbi Kristina Brown
• Bobbi Kristina’s Husband Is Not the Bad Guy, Says Source
• Bobby Brown ‘Inconsolable’ Over Bobbi Kristina’s Hospitalization
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Recovery Would Be a Miracle, Says Source