Nothing about Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Vanderpump is simple. Have you seen her closet?!
But this crisp berry cobbler – on the menu at her posh eatery SUR – is “simple to make,” she promises. Try your hand at the recipe below.
Blackberry Cobbler à la Mode
• 1½ lbs. (4 cups) fresh blackberries
• 2 tbsp. sugar
• 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 2 tsp. cornstarch
• 1 cup flour
• 1 cup light brown sugar
• 1⁄8 tsp. salt
• 1 stick cold butter, diced
• 2 cups vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Toss the blackberries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch in a bowl, then divide among six 8-oz. ramekins.
3. Whisk together flour, brown sugar and salt. Incorporate butter using a pastry blender or fingers until mixture appears sandy with a few pea-size clumps. Distribute evenly over blackberries.
4. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, top each ramekin with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.