Instead of celebrating a bachelor party, maybe grooms-to-be should commemorate their final days of singledom by sitting quietly in their homes with a cup of tea.
Judging by these 16 stories from Reddit, there are many, many ways for a bachelor/bachelorette party to go horribly wrong – and even sabotage the wedding.
1. “The bachelor party was in Vegas. The bachelor hooks up with a girl and gives her his cell phone number so they can continue the party that night. The bride-to-be is sitting at home with the iPad getting all of the iMessages from the girl. She canceled the wedding that day.”
2. “The groom fought the bride’s brother at the bachelor party, and the bride called the whole thing off.”
3. “At one of my prior workplaces, a coworker in her early twenties was engaged to be married with her longtime boyfriend. She and a group of close friends went to Vegas for a weekend, and she came back to work telling everyone how she decided to call off the engagement because he wasn’t the right one for her. On the side, she was also telling a few close coworkers about the guy she slept with while in Vegas. At least she had the decency to call the engagement off.”
4. “At the bachelorette party, the sister of the groom chatted with the sister of the bride. They were having just a casual conversation, but it came to light that almost 100% of what the bride had said (beside her name) was a complete lie. The sister of the groom calls him up and says he really needs to figure out if this is right. A few fights and some long thinking later, the groom leaves her and leaves town.”
5. “The bachelor party and the bachelorette party were being held in the same hotel in New Orleans. They began at 8 p.m. and collided drunkenly at about 3 a.m. There was some kind of drunken fist fight, and everyone was so ashamed the next morning they called it off.”
6. “A friend from college had his fiancé bail on the wedding after she found out he slept with a stripper from his bachelor party.”
7. “One of my best friend’s wedding was canceled when he learned she slept with a stripper after her bachelorette party. Like three days after the party. My friend is happily remarried now with a kid. The worst part was that it was a destination wedding, and he couldn’t get a refund so we all went anyway, and he was super depressed the whole time.”
8. “I was at a bachelor party the Tuesday night before a Saturday wedding. After eight hours or so of heavy drinking all day, we were at a baseball game, and the groom punched a police officer in the back of the head and knocked him out for a few seconds. I watched it happen in slow motion, and thought to myself, ‘Welp, this wedding isn’t going to be happening this weekend.'”
9. “The groomsmen went online to look at escorts for their buddy’s bachelor party. They found the bride on the site, and the groom ended up calling it off.”
10. “While working the night before a wedding at a hotel, the staff and I heard a loud scream from upstairs. Cue the bride screaming and sobbing, shouting, ‘The wedding’s off!!!’ while storming out the place followed by the groom stark naked covering his nether regions with his hands apologizing profusely. It turns out she caught the mother of the bride and the groom sleeping together.”
11. “A college friend was about to get married to a guy she had only known for four months. She found out where the bachelor party was and wandered in to find the groom making out with … the best man.”
12. “The bride and her BFF were at the bachelor party. The groom slept with the BFF.”
13. “Because it was a destination wedding in South Africa, they both had their bachelor/bachelorette parties down there. The bride-to-be went looking for the groom the night before the wedding. No one knew where he was. Eventually, she found the dude locked in a bathroom with some random girl doing coke.”
14. “We had a weekend of golf planned a couple weeks before the wedding as his bachelor party. His fiancé dumped him and canceled the wedding. We all still went golfing and had a great time. It ended up being the first of our annual golf trips. We will be on our tenth next year. One of our buddies makes a giant scorecard for our trip and always has the title real big: ‘Fiancé Name memorial golf tournament.'”
15. “I was at a bachelor party in Vegas. The bachelor went a little overboard on everything, and ended up running off with a prostitute. When he got back no one said anything. Then he ordered another prostitute and locked himself in his room. The next day his fiancé yelled at him,, and the groom-to-be continued partaking in cocaine and prostitutes. The wedding was off.”
16. “The bachelor party in Vegas. We had asked the bride-to-be if the groom was allowed to go to a strip club, and she said yes. We go the strip club, but when she finds out, she freaks and says the wedding is off. Then she starts an entirely false rumor that one of the groomsmen (who is also engaged) hooked up with a stripper.”
All posts have been edited for length and clarity.