“We follow five principles: mindfulness; working small muscle groups; slow, controlled exercises; working in the three planes of motion: sagittal, frontal and transverse; and improving stability and balance,” founder Vanessa Packer tells PEOPLE.
The workouts focus on targeting, sculpting and toning small muscles for big results.
“Working these small, hard-to-reach, problem-area muscles strengthens your entire body, so when you’re moving through life, you’re moving with more grace, more ease, more strength and more stability,” says Packer.
Packer believes modelFIT — which opened its first Los Angeles location on Tuesday — has become so popular with celebrities because it truly delivers on its promise of a lean, strong physique.
“The workout enhances your body’s feel, look, appearance and mindset without bulking,” she says. “The experience people get is very warm, comforting and light. We make everyone feel at home, whether you’re a celebrity or not.”
WATCH: The Surprising Thing Karlie Kloss Always Has In Her Clutch
Try these moves at home at work out like a model:
1. Put your weight on your right leg and hold the resistance band in your right hand. Lift your arm straight up, just above shoulder height.
2. As you lower the resistance band, lift your left knee to meet it. Return to starting position. Repeat 12-15 times, and then switch sides.
1. Go on all fours and then lift your left heel towards the ceiling, keeping a 90-degree bend in your leg.
2. Pulse the left leg straight up, pushing through your heel to lift and lower your leg. Repeat 12-15 times, and then switch sides.
1. Go on all fours and then lift your left leg back behind you, keeping it in line with your torso.
2. Slowly lift your leg straight up behind you, keeping toes pointed.
3. Begin to lower the left leg, crossing it behind your body to the opposite side of the mat. Tap down lightly and lift again. Then lower the left leg again, returning to the start position. Repeat 12-15 times, and then switch legs.