The statement was short and sweet and left no doubt about how he felt.
Just after the official birth announcement was made, William’s father, Prince Charles, said he was “overjoyed” about being a grandfather, adding, “Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone’s life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time.”
• Reporting by SIMON PERRY
More on the Royal Baby:
• Will & Kate’s Road to Parenthood: Our Countdown Extravaganza!
• Duchess Kate’s Royally Chic Bump
• Perfect Nursery Gifts for William & Kate
• Must-See Royal Baby Souvenirs!
• What Will Kate & William Name Their Baby?