People

Stay Connected

Subscribe

Advertise With Us

Learn More

Skip to content

Babies

Octuplets Mom's Son Rushed to Hospital

Posted on

GSI Media

Octuplets mother Nadya Suleman’s two-year-old son Caleb was rushed to a hospital late Friday after accidentally drinking a chemical solution from his older brother’s home volcano kit. The youngster vomited after swallowing the liquid; his mother decided to call paramedics just to play it safe.

“I knew it would all get blown out of proportion if I called, but I didn’t want to take any chances,” Suleman tells PEOPLE. “I think I did the right thing. He’s okay.”

Suleman – who created headlines around the world when she gave birth to eight children last Jan. 26 – dialed 911 just after 5 p.m. Friday afternoon, resulting in an estimated 40 emergency medical personnel reportedly showing up at the family’s La Habra, Calif., home. The scene quickly grew so chaotic that a fireman was observed asking Suleman to pose for a souvenir cellphone snapshot.

The mother and her son were rushed to St. Jude Medical Center in nearby Fullerton, Calif., where doctors ran tests on the youngster to determine exactly what was in the solution he drank. It turned out to contain mostly salt water, according to a family friend. Two and a half hours later Suleman and Caleb were back at home with the 13 other members of their family.


from Huffington Post
WATCH: Gerald Butler Licks Katherine Heigl, Jokes Aniston
PHOTOS: Pregnant Supermodels