But whose performance was truly Grammy-worthy?
• The night kicked off with a star-studded tribute to Aretha Franklin, with Jennifer Hudson, Florence Welch (of Florence + the Machine), Yolanda Adams, Martina McBride and Christina Aguilera honoring the soul legend with a medley of her hints.
• Eminem, winner of Best Rap Album, and Rihanna, who was honored for Best Dance Recording, brought the dramatics with a duet to their nominated anthem “Love the Way You Lie.”
• Rihanna pulled double-duty, heating up the stage again with Drake for a super-sexy performance of her “What’s My Name?”
• Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Katy Perry put on a sweet performance, revealing never-before-seen footage of her October wedding to Russell Brand while singing “Not Like the Movies” and “Teenage Dream” from a swing high above the stage.
• Justin Bieber shared the stage with his mentor and multiple winner Usher, with the former offering an acoustic taste of his hit “Baby” before launching into “Never Say Never,” while the later capped off the performance with “OMG.”