And she did it, crashing Twitter at the same time.
To achieve this social network feat, the host unleashed a masterful plan. DeGeneres entered the Oscar crowd and crafted the most star-studded selfie the Web has ever seen. Jennifer Lawrence! Kevin Spacey! Brad Pitt! There isn’t a hashtag that does this celebrity group justice. While the comedian made the accomplishment look easy, this selfie took careful work.
Behold, a step-by-step guide on how to form the ultimate celebrity selfie.
1. Scan the crowd and chat up Steve McQueen
2. Play nicely with Liza Minnelli
3. “Lupita, you gonna have some pizza?”
4. Negotiate details with Meryl Streep
5. Convince Julia Roberts to join in
6. Recruit Channing Tatum and Bradley Cooper
7. Then Kevin Spacey, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Lupita Nyong’o, Jared Leto and J-Law
8. Get Bradley to shoot
On Monday, DeGeneres announced on Ellen that Samsung is donating a dollar for each retweet the selfie earns in celebration of the host’s feat. Currently the picture has over 2.9 million retweets, so Samsung is planning to give a total of $3 million. DeGeneres said she will donate half the money to St. Jude’s Children Hospital and half to The Humane Society of the United States.
More from the Oscars!
All GIFs by Dianna McDougall for PEOPLE.com.
Like us on Facebook for more stories like this!