Romance seemed to be in the air Saturday at the Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles as stars and their spouses showed their sweet affection for each other.
• Kevin Bacon was a bundle of nerves before his name was announced as best male actor in a TV movie or miniseries for his role in HBO’s Taking Chance, but wife Kyra Sedgwick kept him looking his best. How? “I had to blot his face a little,” she admitted to PEOPLE at the afterparty.
• Mad Men star Christina Hendricks’s new husband, Geoffrey Arend, was clearly his wife’s biggest fan. “I feel like the luckiest man ever. She’s such a cutie pie,” he raved. “When Michael C. Hall said ‘I want to thank my wife for wearing that dress,’ I feel that way every single awards show.” Hendricks agreed, telling PEOPLE, “He’s been feeling me all night.”
• It was date night for best actress in a drama winner Julianna Margulies and husband Keith Lieberthal, who left 2-year-old son Kieran at home in New York. “He’s with the grandparents and he’s having a ball,” The Good Wife star told PEOPLE. “I’m with my husband and I’m having a ball, too.” Toting her weighty new award didn t faze her, Margulies explained. “I’m fine. I’m used to carrying a heavy baby!”
• Office star Jenna Fischer and fiancé Lee Kirk chatted about plans for their upcoming summer nuptials – specifically, where they’ll sit! “She runs things by me so I get a say,” Kirk told PEOPLE, while Fischer noted, “You vetoed a couple of things. You had a very strong opinion about the chairs. I presented him with two chair options and he really liked one and didn’t like the other.”
PHOTOS: SAG Awards’ Sweetest Couples
• Patricia Arquette, nominated for her role in Medium, endured hours of pre-show preparation, but husband Thomas Jane only required a touch up – from 6 ½-year-old Harlow. “Our daughter put some powder on Thomas,” Arquette explained. “She put her own red lipstick on herself and then she put some powder on him.” Jane says he didn t mind his little girl’s help. “There is nothing better in the whole wide world than having a beautiful daughter with the woman you love.”
• Not everyone is a fan of Mad Men star Jon Hamm’s mountain man look, but longtime girlfriend Jennifer Westfeldt certainly is. “It wasn’t my idea, but he looks amazing any which way to me,” she told PEOPLE at the SAG Awards afterparty. “I think it’s fun for people to see that he’s not Don Draper at all.”
• Reporting by SHAYNA ARNOLD, JESSICA HERNDON, MONICA RIZZO and JESSICA WEDEMEYER