LIGHT ‘N’ EASY CHOCOLATE PARFAIT
Makes: 6 servings
Hands-on Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 1 hr., 20 min.
2 cups 1% low-fat milk
1 (1.4-oz.) package fat-free, sugar-free chocolate instant pudding mix
½ cup light sour cream
1 (12-oz.) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
¾ cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (4 cracker sheets)
1 tablespoon freshly grated chocolate
1. Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mix and sour cream; whisk until blended and smooth. Fold in 1½ cups of the whipped topping.
2. Spoon 1 tablespoon crumbs into each of 6 (8-oz.) glasses and top with ⅓ cup pudding mixture. Repeat layers with remaining crumbs and pudding mixture. Top each parfait evenly with remaining whipped topping and grated chocolate. Cover and chill at least 1 hr.
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM PIE
Makes: 1 (9-inch) pie
Hands-on Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 10 hr., 15 min.
½ gal. green mint chocolate chip ice cream, divided
1 (9-inch) chocolate crumb piecrust
¾ cup Chocolate Fudge Sauce
fresh mint leaves
1. Spoon half of ice cream evenly into crust in an even layer; freeze for 1 hr.
2. Spoon ¾ cup Chocolate Fudge Sauce over frozen ice cream; freeze for 1 hr.
3. Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze for 8 hrs. Cut into wedges; serve with Chocolate Fudge Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE SAUCE
Makes: 2 cups
¾ cup half-and-half
1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
1½ cups miniature marshmallows
1. Heat half-and-half in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
2. Add the semisweet chocolate morsels and marshmallows; cook, stirring constantly, until smooth.
POUND CAKE WITH BERRIES & CREAM
Makes: 12 servings
Hands-on Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 30 min.
2 cups fresh raspberries
1½ cups fresh blackberries
1½ cups fresh blueberries
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon grated fresh orange zest
1 (10-inch) store-bought pound cake
1 cup whipping cream, chilled
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
fresh lemon thyme sprigs (optional)
1. Combine berries in large bowl.
2. Combine sugar, orange juice and orange zest in a small saucepan; cook over low heat 5 min., stirring constantly just until sugar dissolves; cool 10 min. Pour syrup over berries, tossing gently. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
3. Beat whipping cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until thickened; gradually add vanilla and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
4. Spoon berry mixture into center cavity of cake. Dust top of cake and berries with remaining 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Garnish with fresh lemon thyme sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately with additional berry mixture and whipped cream.