1. Florence Welch wows in Alexander McQueen at the Met Ball.
2. Ryan Lochte displays his all-American grill.
3. Seth Meyers hosts the CFDA Awards, spoofing Marc Jacobs’s lace look at the Met Ball.
A $290 paper bag!
4. Jil Sander designs a $290 paper bag purse-and it sells out of stores!
5. The Queen ditches the fascinator for a hoodie.
6. Ralph Lauren causes a kerfuffle by having the U.S. Olympic uniforms made in China.
7. Katie Holmes transformed in Holmes & Yang; she steps out for the first time since filing for divorce.
8. Miley Cyrus bleaches her hair and shapes it into a cutting-edge pixie.
9. Jennifer Lopez sparks a nip-slip debate in a plunging Zuhair Murad at the Oscars. (Her stylist denies it.)
10. Michelle Obama wears blue nails at the DNC, and the White House gets flooded with requests for her color: Artistic Colour Gloss Soak-Off Color Gel in “Vogue.”