Ivanka Trump’s CHICKEN SKEWERS
The Celebrity Apprentice judge loves to serve this appetizer during cocktail hour
CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH PEANUT SAUCE
16 bamboo skewers
2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-in. strips
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup coconut milk
½ cup crunchy peanut butter
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. white sugar
2 drops hot pepper sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup water
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Sprinkle chicken with salt and sugar. Put chicken into a resealable plastic bag. Add coconut milk and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Remove excess coconut milk and thread chicken onto skewers. Grill on barbecue or on the stove in a grill pan until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, hot pepper sauce and garlic. Gradually stir in ½ cup water until sauce is smooth. Warm sauce before serving.
All-Star Celebrity Apprentice airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on NBC
Andrew Zimmern’s RAMEN NOODLES
The award-winning chef shares an easy way to spice up the low-cost, supertrendy Japanese noodle dish
Makes 1 to 2 servings
1 (3-oz.) package ramen noodles
2 cups chicken broth
1½ tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. Sriracha
½ cup matchstick carrots
1 egg, lightly beaten
1½ tsp. fresh lime juice
¼ cup chopped green onions
1. Cook noodles in 2 cups of boiling water for 2 minutes; drain well. Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
2. Return saucepan to stove- top. Bring broth to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and whisk in soy sauce and next 4 ingredients. Add carrots; cook 1 minute.
3. Slowly whisk egg into broth. Add noodles to broth; cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and onions. Serve immediately.
Zimmern’s Bizarre Foods America airs Mondays at 9 p.m. on the Travel Channel.
Fergie‘s FAVORITE THINGS
The pregnant singer—and vineyard owner— may not be imbibing right now, but she shares some fun ways to throw a great cocktail party
“My Cabernet is a delicious red,” says the singer.
Ferguson Crest Cabernet Sauvignon, $24.50; fergusoncrest.com
“Petit fours always remind me of tea service in the hotels I’ve visited around the world.”
9-piece box of petit fours, $6.99–11.99; figis.com
“I love the way these lilies add drama and beauty,” she says.
10 black mini calla lilies, $79; callalilies.com
A fancy hors d’oeuvre—like this brie pastry—can be “a lavish way to begin a cocktail party,” says the singer.
Brie en croute, $39.95; williams -sonoma.com
“This book is great for sizzling cocktail party conversation. It can be hilarious.”
The Book of Questions: Love & Sex, $16.28; amazon.com
“This wine opener is quick, efficient, and it’s a great conversation piece.”
Oster Inspire Wine Opener, $23.99; oster.com
“A good wine glass can dramatically improve the flavor and experience of a good wine,” she says.
Riedel wine glasses, prices vary; riedel.com