The Lady Antebellum singer (and newlywed) shares a fave treat. ‘I make it all the time,’ she says
Serves 10 to 12
4 (7.5-oz.) cans refrigerated biscuits
2 cups sugar, divided
3 tbsp. cinnamon, divided
1½ sticks butter or margarine
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine 1 cup sugar and 2 tbsp. cinnamon in a zip-top bag.
3. Cut biscuits into quarters, add to bag and shake until coated.
4. Transfer biscuits to a greased 12-in. tube pan.
5. Melt remaining butter, add remaining sugar and cinnamon, and bring to a boil. Pour over biscuits and bake until biscuits are puffed and liquid is caramelized, 35 to 40 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and cool completely.
7. Invert onto a plate and serve whole, allowing people to pull apart.
For more recipes, check out Loukoumi’s Celebrity Cookbook, in stores now. Proceeds benefit Chefs for Humanity and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
The Hungry Girl chef puts her spin on a classic dish. ‘It’s great for parties,’ she says
Each one only 142 calories!
TURKEY & VEGGIE MEATLOAF MINIS
Makes 9 muffins
½ cup grated onion
7 tbsp. ketchup, divided
1¼ lb. lean ground turkey
3 cups shredded broccoli coleslaw, chopped
½ cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
½ cup quick-cooking oats
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 9 compartments of a muffin pan with baking cups or spray with nonstick spray.
2. Combine all ingredients except 3 tbsp. ketchup in a mixing bowl. Distribute mixture evenly among cups. Brush 1 tsp. ketchup on top of each meatloaf.
3. Bake until firm with lightly browned edges, 30 to 35 minutes.
Check out Lillien’s new book, Hungry Girl Supermarket Survival, in stores now.