FAVORITE LAMB CHOPS
The late-night host shares a recipe he learned to cook from award-winning BBQ chef Adam Perry Lang
18 (2½- to 3½-oz.) lamb ribs or saddle chops
½ lemon Salt
HERB OIL MARINADE
½ cup olive oil
2 tbsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. garlic salt
1 tbsp. onion powder
2 small bunches fresh oregano
¼ cup olive oil
4 tbsp. unsalted butter
10 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup finely chopped savory herbs
½ cup olive oil
½ cup chopped fresh mint
½ cup chopped fresh parsley Grated zest of one lemon Juice of ½ lemon
1½ tsp. garlic, grated or finely chopped
1. Mix marinade ingredients in ziplock bag.
2. Add the chops and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours.
3. Preheat a well-oiled grill to medium high. Combine baste ingredients in a small heat-proof pan.
4. Drain chops and dry with paper towels. Squeeze half a lemon over chops and season with salt.
5. Grill until medium rare, about 6-9 minutes, depending on thickness. Brush frequently with baste.
6. Combine board dressing ingredients in bowl.
7. Coat chops with dressing on cutting board. Serve.
Recipe adapted from Adam Perry Lang’s cookbook BBQ 25.
The Lambs Club
CELEB HOT SPOT
A burger recipe from the swanky new Manhattan restaurant that’s attracting an A-list crowd
STARS SEEN AT THE LAMBS CLUB
THE LAMBS CLUB CHEESEBURGER
3 lbs. organic grass-fed prime ground beef
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
3 tbsp. salted butter
1 large beefsteak tomato cut into 6 slices
12 leaves butter lettuce
3 tbsp. mayonnaise
3 tbsp. ketchup
6 slices white cheddar cheese
6 brioche buns
2 half-sour pickles, quartered lengthwise
1. Heat an oiled grill to high. Form the meat into six patties and season both sides with salt and pepper. Cook the burgers, charring well on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare. (Gas grills may require 1 to 2 minutes more total cooking.)
2. Top each burger with ½ tbsp. of butter and then a slice of cheese. Transfer the burgers to a rack to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Slice the buns and grill lightly. Mix together mayo and ketchup.
4. To assemble: Place a piece of butter lettuce on each bottom piece of bun, then layer the hamburger, the mayo-ketchup mix, a slice of tomato, another piece of butter lettuce and finally the top portion of the bun. Skewer a long-quartered half-sour pickle onto the top of the bun.
On Location HAWAII FIVE-0
A guide to some fave Aloha State tourist spots from the producer of the CBS hit
“One of our editors said, ‘I feel like I’m on vacation when I watch this show,” says Hawaii Five-0 exec-producer Alex Kurtzman. For those looking to visit the island paradise in real life, Kurtzman’s colleague exec-producer Peter Lenkov offers up some must-see destinations.
1. ALOHA TOWER
The Honolulu landmark and marketplace are great for “shopping, sightseeing and going out at night,” says Lenkov. “For one episode we shot a chase scene here-and it’s in the opening credits to the original Five-0.” Info: alohatower.com
2. DIAMOND HEAD CRATER
Featured as part of the backdrop in nearly every episode, Waikiki’s natural wonder offers a stunning summit hike. “You get to see a lot of the island from the top; it’s pretty spectacular,” says Lenkov. Info: hawaiistateparks.org
3. HANS HEDEMANN SURF SCHOOL
Founded by a pro surfer, the Oahu school offers lessons and surf camps for all levels. “It’s at a nice location and pretty well-known,” says Lenkov. Keep an eye on future episodes, he adds, because “we have it on the books for a show coming up.” Info: hhsurf.com
Hawaii Five-0 airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on CBS.