COCKTAIL of the MONTH
Makes: 2 cocktails
Hands-on time: 10 min.
Total time: 10 min.
¼ cup plus ½ oz. grenadine, divided
¼ cup coarse sanding sugar
4 chocolate truffles or chocolate kiss candies
2 oz. Stoli Razberi Vodka (raspberry vodka)
1 oz. Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
1 oz. cranberry juice
¼ cup milk*
Maraschino cherry juice
1. Place ¼ cup grenadine and sanding sugar in 2 separate shallow containers. Dip rims of martini glasses into grenadine; repeat process with sanding sugar. Set glasses aside.
2. Drop 2 truffle candies into glasses.
3. Fill cocktail shaker half full of ice cubes. Add raspberry vodka, next 2 ingredients and remaining grenadine; shake well. Strain evenly into martini glasses.
4. Place milk in microwave-proof measuring cup; microwave 20 seconds at 50 percent power. Froth milk using a frothing wand; spoon milk evenly over top of cocktails.
5. Drizzle with maraschino cherry juice.
*Whipped cream may be substituted for frothed milk.